Libellés

Who's in da house ?

vendredi 3 juillet 2009

[Zik] The Perfect Fit

I could make a dress
A robe fit for a prince
I could clothe a continent
But I can't sew a stitch

I can paint my face
And stand very very still
Its not very practical
But it still pays the bills

I can't change my name
But I could be your type
I can dance and win at games
Like backgammon and life

I used to be the smart one
Sharp as a tack
Funny how that skipping years ahead
Has held me back

I used to be the bright one
Top in my class
Funny what they give you when you
Just learn how to ask

I can write a song
But I can't sing in key
I can play piano
But I never learned to read

I can't trap a mouse
But I can pet a cat
No I'm really serious !
I'm really very good at that

I can't fix a car
But I can fix a flat
I could fix a lot of things
But I'd rather not get into that

I used to be the bright one
Smart as a whip
Funny how you slip so far when
Teachers dont keep track of it

I used to be the tight one
The perfect fit
Funny how those compliments can
Make you feel so full of it

I can shuffle, cut and deal
But I can't draw a hand
I can't draw a lot of things
I hope you understand
I'm not exceptionally shy
But I've never had a man
That I could look straight in the eye
And tell my secret plans

I can take a vow
And I can wear a ring
And I can make you promises but
They won't mean a thing

Can't you just do it for me ? I'll pay you well
Fuck I'll pay you anything if you could end this

Can't you just fix it for me ? It's gone berserk
Fuck I'll give you anything
If you can make the damn thing work

Can't you just fix it for me ? I'll pay you well
Fuck I'll pay you anything
If you can end this
Hello, I love you, won't you tell me your name ?
Hello, I'm good for nothing
Will you love me just the same?

Aucun commentaire: